Did you know that about 70 percent of job employers check your social media pages before they ever consider hiring you?
Social media is a great window into someone’s life and personality, and companies these days are well aware of it. The team here at Carter Recruiting and Associates has worked with hundreds of businesses over the years, and we know that they all take your online presence into account. They don’t want their business poorly represented, and they also want a reliable worker.
So chances are, that job you’re applying for is doing some heavy investigating on you. Are you prepared for it? Posting about illegal drugs, violence, sexual content will only turn a company away.
Here are five types of posts that we highly suggest publishing, while you’re weeding out the bad ones.
1) Posts that show you’re creative. Creativity most likely means that you’re a hard worker and that you can think outside the box. Do you have a special talent? Do you love to paint? Do you like to film? Whatever hobby or passion it is, consistently talk about it on social media.
2) Content with proper grammar and spelling. Whenever you’re about to post something, double check your caption and make sure there aren’t any errors. According to Workopolis, about 61 percent of employers are turned off by bad spelling or improper grammar.
3) Content showcasing your fun personality. Don’t be afraid to express yourself on social media, but in a tasteful way. Your future boss wants to see that you’re a happy and passionate individual.
4) Articles about your industry. Employers of course want to see that you’re genuinely interested in the industry that you’re applying for. Plus, if you’re searching around for articles, you’re probably going to learn more about your niche, which is always a plus.
5) Talk about your accomplishments and awards. Now don’t make it sound like you’re bragging, but don’t be afraid to show what you’ve worked so hard to achieve. Your future boss wants to see an accomplished and proud individual.
We hope these little tips help you out for your job search. Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for more content like this!
Carter Recruiting and Associates is one of the largest independent recruiting and outplacement companies in Arkansas. Our headquarters, located in Little Rock and our satellite office in Conway, both service accounts nationwide. We have satisfied clients and references from some of the largest companies in the state. With over 50 collective years of experience in the recruiting business, we have a vast amount of resources and knowledge to ensure a job well done.
Cherie is the owner and president of Carter Recruiting and Associates. She holds a BA in psychology from the University of Mississippi and has over 30 years of experience in the recruitment of executive and manufacturing professionals. Cherie’s work has been instrumental for new plant start-ups, as well as building and maintaining relationships throughout the region and state of Arkansas. She is a member of the National Association of Female Executives and the National Association of Women Business Owners.