As you know, our state of Arkansas has more hidden gems would people think. There’s so much natural beauty in the Natural State, hence the reason for the name.
We just found one that needs to be added to the list. Crossing The White River, you’ll find a suspension bridge that not only looks gorgeous, but it hosts some of the classic stunning views that Arkansas is known for.
The team here at Carter Recruiting has been obsessing about it all week! You can find directions to this incredible place here.
Here are some fast facts about the Little Golden Gate Bridge of Arkansas:
1) The bridge spans 554 feet. In comparison, The Golden Gate bridge is 1.7 miles long.
2) You are permitted to drive across the bridge, but beware: it’s only a one-way bridge.
3) It was built in 1949, so it is a historical place here in Arkansas. In fact, it’s on the National Register of Historic Places.
4) The Little Golden Gate is really called the “Beaver Bridge”, because it leads you to the super small town of Beaver, which has a population of 101 people.
5) On average, the bridge has traffic of approximately 650 people per day. So it’s a pretty well-kept secret for the most part. The Golden Gate bridge sees a whopping 112,000 people per day!
6) If you’re located here in Little Rock like us, The Little Golden Gate Bridge is approximately 3 hours and 45 minutes away, so it is a bit of a drive. But if you’re into looking at beautiful landmarks and seeing gorgeous Arkansas scenery, it’s most certainly worth the trip, especially since it’s summertime!
What’s your favorite Arkansas landmark? Let us know on our Facebook page!
Need some incredible resume tips that’ll blow away your potential employer? Check this link out.
Carter Recruiting and Associates is one of the largest independent recruiting and outplacement companies in Arkansas. Our headquarters, located in Little Rock and our satellite office in Conway, both service accounts nationwide. We have satisfied clients and references from some of the largest companies in the state. With over 50 collective years of experience in the recruiting business, we have a vast amount of resources and knowledge to ensure a job well done.
Cherie is the owner and president of Carter Recruiting and Associates. She holds a BA in psychology from the University of Mississippi and has over 30 years of experience in the recruitment of executive and manufacturing professionals. Cherie’s work has been instrumental for new plant start-ups, as well as building and maintaining relationships throughout the region and state of Arkansas. She is a member of the National Association of Female Executives and the National Association of Women Business Owners.