The coronavirus (COVID-19) has swept the nation over the past few weeks, and it’s not going anywhere for quite awhile.
At the time of this blog post, almost 4,500 Americans have contracted the virus, and 87 of them lost their lives. According to CNN, this is just the tipping point. More and more cases will continue to flood in, several news outlets and medical professionals say.
The team here at Carter Recruiting and Associates feels like it’s our civic duty as human beings, and as a company that’s in the business of serving others, to keep you all informed as best as we can. We have put together a list of five of the best coronavirus prevention tips to keep you safe and healthy, which we encourage you to share with your family and friends.
1) Wash your hands frequently. This is an obvious one, but it’s critical that you increase the amount of times you wash your hands in a day with an adequate amount of soap. Please remember to wash for more than 20 seconds.
2) Keep a safe distance. Do not stand closer than three feet to others when you are at home or out in public. The coronavirus is incredibly contagious, and a simple breath could be all it takes.
3) Cover your coughs and sneezes. This is the way that the virus spreads. Cover your mouth and throw all tissues in the trash.
4) Wear a face mask if you are sick. Even if you have a cold, it’s your responsibility to cover your face. The Centers for Disease and Prevention recommends that you wear a face mask, especially when you’re out in public, in order to prevent your illness from spreading to others.
5) Clean and disinfect. Make sure you’re spraying and disinfecting high-traffic areas of your home and even your place of work. This includes light switches, door knobs, countertops. desks, phones and so on.
It’s also your responsibility to stay informed on this issue and learn everything you can, especially if you have children. We recommend checking out the Centers of Disease and Prevention’s website, and all major news outlets for the latest updates.
Please be sure to like us on Facebook, as we will be updating our audience with the latest coronavirus news.
Carter Recruiting and Associates is one of the largest independent recruiting and outplacement companies in Arkansas. Our headquarters, located in Little Rock and our satellite office in Conway, both service accounts nationwide. We have satisfied clients and references from some of the largest companies in the state. With over 50 collective years of experience in the recruiting business, we have a vast amount of resources and knowledge to ensure a job well done.
Cherie is the owner and president of Carter Recruiting and Associates. She holds a BA in psychology from the University of Mississippi and has over 30 years of experience in the recruitment of executive and manufacturing professionals. Cherie’s work has been instrumental for new plant start-ups, as well as building and maintaining relationships throughout the region and state of Arkansas. She is a member of the National Association of Female Executives and the National Association of Women Business Owners.