The weather is changing and the leaves are falling, which means that autumn is here, and the busiest shopping season of the year is upon us. The need for seasonal employees is about to be higher than ever, but this time there will be a lot more perks.
Since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, job postings for seasonal jobs have been growing at a rapid pace. While the coronavirus vaccine has helped ease the public health crisis, the labor market and consumer behavior is still not what it used to be. According to Indeed, there is an increased urgency for Christmas and seasonal work. The best news is that many companies are offering hiring incentives, which includes sign-on bonuses and cash advances.
Why are so many seasonal jobs including hiring incentives?
In September, it was reported that there is a 5% decrease in job searches, according to the Indeed Hiring Lab. With many workers across the country fighting to raise minimum wage to $15 per hour, this has been a huge contributing factor to the decrease in interest in seasonal work, as well as the pandemic.
How can I take advantage of this and find a seasonal job in 2021?
Now is the time to do your research and find the best options for seasonal work in 2021. Here are 5 great options for the upcoming holiday season.
1) Amazon – The company is currently offering sign-on bonuses of up to $3,000, which is a solid chunk of change to buy some Christmas gifts this year. Seasonal jobs start at $15 per hour. Click here to learn more about the Amazon hiring process.
2) FedEx – They’re currently offering seasonal work at $18 per hour, and look to hire more workers than they did in 2020. Click here to learn more.
3) 1-800-FLOWERS – According to a recent press release from the company, 1-800-FLOWERS plans to hire over 10,000 seasonal workers for the 2021 holiday season. There are also opportunities for full-time employment, so to get started click here.
4) Target – Target has recently announced that they’re expanding their list of seasonal workers. Positions include stocking, general merchandise, distribution centers and more. Their minimum wage starts at $15 per hour, and they also provide free virtual doctor’s visits through the end of the year, along with other health benefits. To learn about their seasonal opportunities, click here.
5) Michael’s – The company is currently looking to hire thousands of seasonal employees in their stores all across the country. Seasonal employees get 30% off all merchandise, and roughly 50% of seasonal employees are hired on as permanent employees, if they so choose. To check out their career opportunities, click here.
If you’re currently looking for work, our recruiting agency would love to assist you. We have over three decades of experience helping employees all over Arkansas and the United States find their perfect match. Please contact us and we’ll show you how we can help.
Carter Recruiting and Associates is one of the largest independent recruiting and outplacement companies in Arkansas. Our headquarters, located in Little Rock and our satellite office in Conway, both service accounts nationwide. We have satisfied clients and references from some of the largest companies in the state. With over 50 collective years of experience in the recruiting business, we have a vast amount of resources and knowledge to ensure a job well done.
Cherie is the owner and president of Carter Recruiting and Associates. She holds a BA in psychology from the University of Mississippi and has over 30 years of experience in the recruitment of executive and manufacturing professionals. Cherie’s work has been instrumental for new plant start-ups, as well as building and maintaining relationships throughout the region and state of Arkansas. She is a member of the National Association of Female Executives and the National Association of Women Business Owners.