It’s no secret that we’re in the middle of one of the biggest opportunities for workers that we have seen in a long time. The number of job openings in the United States hit record highs in late 2021, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. As of this January, there were 8.7 million job vacancies, which is more than double the number in late 2020.
Many are calling this the “Great Resignation,” as millions of Americans are quitting their jobs and demanding better pay and benefits. Because of this, employees are in control when it comes to looking for work.
You have options if you’re on the job hunt. But there are certain niches that are in particular demand. Our recruiting agency has been taking a close look at some of the most in-demand niches for employees. Here are 6 of the best options.
1) Customer Service Associate. In the past year, this niche has seen a 285% increase in demand. Our recruiting agency places several employees in customer services every year, so this is one of the best job markets to explore. Customer service agents establish relationships with the customers who are buying the products. If you have excellent social skills, this could be a lane for you to explore.
2) Project Manager. This job has seen a 135% increase in the past year, and it’s one of the safer niches to be in, in terms of pay and benefits. Project managers help employees complete tasks on time and within the budget, so a high degree of orderliness is required. Organizations in e-commerce, marketing, finance, construction, and so on are looking for talent that can help them accomplish these goals.
3) Accountant. This is another job that our recruiting company frequently places. It’s seen a 128% increase in demand, so if you have experience and proper training, this is definitely a niche to explore. An accountant is responsible for preparing and examining financial records.
4) Recruitment consultant. With the rise of the Great Resignation, companies naturally need help filling all of their open positions, so the need for recruitment consultants has risen 332%. Recruitment consultants’ job is to hire and recruit talent, so if this is something you’re interested in, you shouldn’t have major issues finding work.
5) Medical Administrative Assistant. Our recruiting firm regularly places employees in the medical field, and we’ve seen a massive increase in demand for administrative assistants specifically in the field of medicine. With burnout running rampant in healthcare, the need for medical administrative assistants has increased by 131%. These assistants are responsible for scheduling, research, and keeping teams and offices running efficiently.
6) Data scientist. In 2022, companies are producing more data than ever before, so they need experts to help them make sense of it all. Employment for data scientists is projected to grow 31% over the next 10 years, and the average salary is over $103,000, so there are plenty of positives here.
If you want to see a list of our latest hot jobs, click here. We change this list just about every week and we’re always looking for employees, so please stay up to date on this list.
Carter Recruiting and Associates is one of the largest independent recruiting and outplacement companies in Arkansas. Our headquarters, located in Little Rock and our satellite office in Conway, both service accounts nationwide. We have satisfied clients and references from some of the largest companies in the state. With over 50 collective years of experience in the recruiting business, we have a vast amount of resources and knowledge to ensure a job well done.
Cherie is the owner and president of Carter Recruiting and Associates. She holds a BA in psychology from the University of Mississippi and has over 30 years of experience in the recruitment of executive and manufacturing professionals. Cherie’s work has been instrumental for new plant start-ups, as well as building and maintaining relationships throughout the region and state of Arkansas. She is a member of the National Association of Female Executives and the National Association of Women Business Owners.